How to upload an avatar in studentcentral
An avatar is an image which signifies your online identity – this could be a photo of yourself, a cartoon, drawing or an image of something that you like such as a colour, texture, plant or animal. Your image ideally needs to be 150 pixels x 150 pixels in size but the upload process will resize your image if needed. If you would prefer to resize the image yourself, these tutorials may be helpful: Windows (Paint), Mac (Preview, see Viewing and Working with Images section).
To upload your avatar:
- Go to the Global Navigation on the top-right of the screen and click on Settings
- Click on Personal Information
- On the next page, select Personalise My Settings
- Use the radio button to select Use custom avatar image
- Click on Browse My Computer
- Select the file and click on Open
- Click on Submit on the top-right on the page
- Your new avatar will now be active in blogs, wikis and discussion boards in studentcentral.
In the Discussion Board example above, both teacher and student have uploaded Avatars.