Are you patient, reliable and looking for work to fit in with your studies?
Do you want to contribute to the library service on your campus?
Do you want to help other students to use ICT?
If so, you could work as a Student Helper. Information Services employs a large number of students as Student Helpers working throughout the year and based on every campus. We pay £7.75 an hour and you must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends. Student Helpers contribute to a variety of aspects of our library and computing services including:
- helping others locate resources in the library
- re-shelving library materials
- keeping the library and computing areas tidy and fit for use
- helping others use standard software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- helping others use the printers and scanners.
For further information see the current job description.
If you are interested in applying, check with the Student Services Careers Service to see whether we have any vacancies.