Navigate Up
Sign In



Requesting Resources for your Research


 Resources for your Research


​We recommend you meet with your Information Adviser (IA) early in your research to discuss your requirements.

Additional resources can be requested by emailing bibliographic details to your IA.

The Inter Library Loan (ILL) service is available to supply monographs, journal articles, conference papers and reports. For details on how to make your ILL request click here

Research monographs that are anticipated to have minimal use are likely to supplied as Inter Library Loans rather than added to permanent stock.

Your IAs are happy to discuss your requirements with you to agree the most appopriate solution.

Contact details for IAs are here


 Requesting an ISBN for your publications


Information Services holds a block of ISBNs for this purpose and can assign one to your publication providing the following requirements are met:

  • You must provide as much bibliographic information as you can in advance of publication, and provide the complete bibliographic information as soon after publication as possible
  • You must provide a permanent University of Brighton address for sales of the publication
  • The publication must be published by the University of Brighton and this must be clearly stated in the publication itself
  • The ISBN should be printed together with other publishing information on the copyright page. It should also be printed on the lower portion of the outside back cover. If the item is to be made available to the book trade then it is also a good idea to print an ISBN barcode on the back cover. Information Services can provide you with a specification for the barcode


For enquiries please contact 

Page owner: Liz Davey